Thursday, April 23, 2009

So much to talk about...so little time!!!



Wow, I didn't think that spring this year would be THIS busy!!! Since softball games have started, I don't think that I have had one moment to myself! Softball is quite fun though, with this being my first year of coaching it ever, I am surprised how fast I have picked up the game and how much fun it really is! I read a quote on the internet yesterday that couldn't be more true, it said, "First you learn softball, you learn to like softball, then you learn to LOVE softball" Other than softball, school is keeping me pretty busy as well. Everything seems to happen all at once in the spring! Last weekend was State Powerlifting Competitions on Saturday morning, which I went to help out with. It was actually really fun, and I'm hoping to get a little more involved next year and have more kids that go with us. We only took 3 girls this year. One was first place in her weight class, one was 2nd and one was 3rd. We have the talent, just not the interest, so I would like to see if I can't get that to change next year. That night I had to supervise prom. It was definitely more fun this year, because I have more of the upperclass students in class and in sports. It's fun for me to see them all dressed up, most of the time when I see them they are dressed in athletic clothes and all sweaty!!! It's nice to have a change once and a while. I have also started another new coaching postion that is keeping me busy, I am Assistant volleyball coach at McPherson College starting next fall. Right now we are allowed to play kind of a spring practice season. It has been fun and I am definitely learning a new coaching style from the head coach. So, when I'm not coaching softball, I'm coaching volleyball! In the little time that I do have off in there I try to see my hubby and family as much as I can! i'm running around quite a bit though, so I am looking forward to this summer when I can get a little time off to take a break!!! Only 4 more weeks of school!!! YAY!!!


Softball team at prom...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Busy girl! Sounds like you're enjoying it though. Say hi to your hubby and fam for Kris and me :) We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

WOW....sounds fun!! Wish we lived closer so we could come see some of the games, and you could see the boys'. They are quite the little baseball players, its too cute!

Anonymous said...

I had more to say...we miss you all, Jarrod talked to Uncle Mark the other night for a while about horses and stuff. Your mom always texts us on the holidays, I don't think we are going to make it out this summer, (give grandma a year off) but we might find a way to justify it...we'll see! Glad to see you are doing well! Miss you!